- How to shop at wineandbarrels.co.uk
- Special terms for traders
- Cancellation of a purchase
- Warranty complaints
- Return policy
- Complaints (Klagemulighed)
Legal name: Wineandbarrels Limited
VAT no. GB 318080812
Address: c/o Kreston Reeves Llp, 24 Chiswell St, London, EC1Y 4YX (NO RETURNS)
Phone: +44 (0) 330 808 1634
c/o RBC Logistics
Leicestershire LE14 3NJ
Wineandbarrels need the following data when you are shopping with us:
Name, address, telephone number, and email address.
In addition, we register the IP address from which a purchase is made. The data is normally not used but can be used in a possible police investigation. The IP address is stored as long as necessary in relation to a possible police investigation. All false orders are reported to proper authorities.
We only record and pass on personal data necessary in order to deliver the purchased product to you.
The personal data is registered at Wineandbarrels Ltd. and kept for five years according to the accounting. After this period of time the data is deleted.
We also collaborate with a number of external companies that store and process data. These companies treat data solely on our behalf and may not use it for their own purposes.
In regard to electronic payment, a secure encryption method is used through the e-commerce system. The system is from an authorized provider with approval from the Danish E-mark (part of E-Commerce Europe).
The webshop system uses so-called cookies to manage the contents of the shopping cart. A cookie is the name of a file that is stored on your internet browser. We use these cookies to recognize you and, for example, remember which items are in the shopping cart when you shop online at Wineandbarrels Ltd.. It is also possible to ask the system to store your address data for the next visit. If you wish to delete this data, it can be done via the browser settings. This is done in Internet Explorer, for instance, via the menu "Tools" and the menu item "Internet Options".
We only work with data processors in the EU or other countries that can protect your data sufficiently.
The data responsible at www.wineandbarrels.co.uk is Jakob Dau.
Being the data subject, you have the following rights according to:
- art. 15 GDPR, the right to obtain information about your personal data which we process, within the scope described therein;
- art. 16 GDPR, the right to immediately demand rectification of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- art. 17 GDPR, the right to request erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless further processing is required
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation;
- for reasons of public interest or
- for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
- art. 18 GDPR, the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data, insofar as
- the accuracy of the data is contested by you;
- the processing is unlawful, but you refuse their erasure;
- we no longer need the data, but you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with art. 21 GDPR;
- art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another controller;
- art. 77 GDPR, the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your habitual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
You can also contact us if you believe your personal data is being handled in violation of the law. You can write to Jacob at: email@example.com.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will regularly send you our e-mail newsletter based on your consent according to Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. a) GDPR, using the data required or disclosed by you separately for this purpose. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter service at any time. For this purpose you can either send a message to the contact option specified below or use the opt-out link in the newsletter. Upon unsubscription, we will delete your email address unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data or we reserve the right to further use your personal data in the scope and manner permitted by the law, of which we inform you in this notice.
How to shop at wineandbarrels.co.uk
Buying guide step-by-step:
- Find the desired product/item.
- Put the item in the shopping cart by clicking on the green symbol "Purchase" or “Buy”.
- Now you can continue browsing for more if you wish.
- If you regret the content, or if you want to make corrections and, for example, change the number of items, you can use the delete button or correct the box by number, respectively. 'Update basket' to see the price after the changes.
- Then you go to the cashier. Push the button called "Checkout".
- On the next screen you choose the method of payment and shipping.
- Now enter customer information and alternative delivery address if desired.
- Confirm order - recapitulation of the order and summary of the data you have entered.
- Your order will not be shipped until you click "Approve". If you leave the site before then, the purchase transaction has not been completed.
- The system immediately sends you an order confirmation to the email-address you provided at customer data process.
- Once your order is processed, you will receive an electronic message again.
Wineandbarrels Ltd. accepts payment via MasterCard, Eurocard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron, JCB. Payment will be debited from your account once the product(s) has/have been shipped.
There is no payment fee charged for the use of payment cards.
Wineandbarrels Ltd. encrypts all your credit card data with the so-called SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol. This means that unauthorized persons cannot read your card number or any other data during the transaction with NETS.
You can also pay by transferring to our account at Danske Bank (UK London Branch) account: 22033077, IBAN: GB14DABA30128122033077, SWIFT/BIC: DABAGB2L stating order no. This payment method is not covered by the objection scheme.
All products are delivered within the United Kingdom mainland. The goods are usually shipped the same day, if they are in stock, and ordered no later than 12:00 (noon) CET.
The specific delivery time is stated at the individual item in the webshop, and is based on an order no later than 12:00 CET. If you place the order after 12.00 CET, the goods will be shipped the following weekday. If the goods are not in stock in Denmark, there will usually be a delivery time of 3-4 weeks. We always send an email about the expected delivery time as soon as possible.
Wineandbarrels Ltd. provides delivery with GLS or DSV, if you do not want to pick up your order yourself. The delivery prices start at 5 GBP. Though, delivery to the kerb is free of charge when you buy a wine fridge.
When delivered to a home address and you have indicated where the package can be put, the risk and responsibility passes to you once the package is delivered. When you specify where the package can be put in case of home delivery, it is important that the haulier can access easily with a regular pallet lifter.
If there is no one at the delivery address to receive the goods, and if you have not made an agreement that the goods can be placed at the address, the haulier will take the goods back and try delivery with a redelivery. If you refuse reception in order to have the order delivered at another time without an agreement with Wineandbarrels on this, this is also considered a redelivery. The price for a redelivery is 30 GBP.
In most cases, we can deliver with the notice of a couple of weekdays in the period from 8:00 to 16:00 according to more detailed agreement when you choose the carry-in delivery. When you have ordered this service, we will call you to hear more about the desired delivery time and access conditions. The delivery time will be within a window of 4 hours.
For special carrying jobs where access with a hand truck all the way in is not possible, you must order special delivery. This includes several people with special lifting gear on the delivery van. Click here for special delivery! (This applies, for example, if the staircase is so narrow or turning, that the wine fridge must be lifted using lifting harnesses, belts or the like).
If you want delivery at a specific time or outside the time of 8:00 – 16:00, this can be arranged at an additional charge.
Special terms for Business-to-Business sales
The same sales conditions apply as for consumers, but with the following modifications:
- The right of cancellation does not apply to traders' purchases at Wineandbarrels Ltd..
- Traders have one year's right of warranty complaint from the original invoice date. Replacement or repair does not entail a new warranty period.
- Wineandbarrels Ltd. retains the ownership of goods purchased on credit until the full purchase price has been paid.
- All costs associated with enforcement of the retention of the ownership are incurred by the buyer.
- Interest accrues from the due date by 1% per commenced month.
- When using the warranty, the buyer is responsible for the shipment of the product, including the shipping costs.
- If there is a defect in your product, Wineandbarrels Ltd. offers remedy or replacement and you are prevented from enforcing withdrawal.
The following scenario means that the order (without exception) is considered a business purchase:
Indication of company name and/or VAT number when placing an order on the website or to the B2B sales department. (You may however get your package delivered privately to your work place. If you wish to do so, please use the field with alternative delivery address in the check-out process on the website for this.)
When shopping at Wineandbarrels as a consumer, you have a 24-month warranty. This means that you can either get the item repaired, exchanged, money back or refusal of the price, depending on the specific situation.
It is a requirement that the complaint is justified and that the defect has not arisen as a result of improper use of the product or other damaging behaviour.
You must complain within "reasonable time" after you have discovered the defect in the product. If you complain within two months after the defect is discovered, the complaint will always be timely.
If the complaint is justified, we will refund your (reasonable) delivery costs. The product must always be returned in proper packaging and remember to get a receipt for shipment so that we can refund your delivery costs.
In case of faults, defects or possibly missing deliveries, please contact:
Wineandbarrels Ltd.. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel. +44 (0) 330 808 1634
Please send the product to:
c/o RBC Logistics
Items listed as "Demo"
Items listed as "Demo" are products in a lightly used constitution with one or more defects. Each demo item is unique and with only 1 piece in stock. Each demo item is described in detail with the deficiencies involved.
Warranty on demo items
When you buy a demo product you will have your normal 24 months warranty.
This means that in case of complaints and depending on the specific situation, you can either have the item repaired, replaced to a similar demo model, refund or reduction in price. It is a requirement that the complaint is justified and that the defect has not arisen as a result of improper use of the product or other damaging behaviour.
Cancellation of a purchase
You can cancel any item on an order for a refund, within 28 days of receiving your order.
The return period expires 28 days after the day you received your item, or you receive the last item from a multiple-items-in-a-single-order is delivered individually.
If the item consists of several lots or parts, the return period expires 28 days after the day you receive the last lot, or the last part in physical possession.
You must inform us within 28 days of receiving the product that you wish to cancel your purchase. The message must be provided by writing to: email@example.com or by using this standard withdrawal form. In your message, you must make it clear to us that you wish to exercise your right of cancellation of purchase.
You cannot cancel a purchase by simply refusing to receive the goods without giving us clear notice of this.
Right to cancellation on assembly, installation and disposal
The deadline for your right of cancellation on assembly, installation and disposal expires when the service is fully delivered.
Cancellation of part of the purchase
If you have purchased several items with us, you have the option of returning one or more items, even if they are purchased under one order.
Please note that the delivery costs will not be refunded if you cancel parts of your purchase.
Items that are exempted from the right of cancellation
The following product types are exempted from the right of withdrawal:
- Delivery of sealed goods which, for health or hygiene reasons, are not suitable to be returned and where the seal has been broken after delivery
- Goods/products manufactured specifically according to your wishes (manufacturing purchases/species purchases/custom purchases).
You will lose your right of cancellation if you break the seal on goods which for health or hygiene reasons are not suitable for return.
You must return your order to us without undue delay, and no later than 14 days after you have informed us that you wish to cancel your purchase. You must pay the direct costs in connection with the return shipment.
Certain goods, by their very nature, cannot be returned by normal mail. This applies to: wine refrigerators, wine barrels and wine furniture. The cost of return is expected to amount to a maximum of approx. GBP 180.
The item's condition when you return it
You are only liable for any deterioration of the value of the product due to handling other than that necessary to determine the nature of the product, its characteristics and the manner in which it operates. In other words, you can try out the product in the same way as if you tried it in a physical store, but you are not allowed to take it in actual use.
If the item has been tested in addition to what is described above, we consider it as used, which means that upon cancellation of the purchase you will only receive part or none of the purchase amount, depending on the item's commercial value.
Reimbursement of purchase amount
If you regret your purchase, you will get back the amount you paid to us. In case of an impairment that you are liable for, this amount will be deducted the purchase amount.
If you use your right of cancellation, we will refund all payments received from you, including delivery costs (excluding additional costs due to your own choice of form of delivery, other than the cheapest form of standard delivery we offer), without undue delay and at all circumstances no later than 14 days from the date on which we received notice of your decision to cancel this agreement.
We will make such a refund with the same payment method you used in the original transaction unless you have explicitly agreed otherwise.
We may withhold the refund until we have received the returned items, unless you have previously submitted documentation that you have already returned the items.
In case of cancellation and returns, the items must be shipped to:
c/o RBC Logistics
You can also cancel by giving clear message and returning items in person at the above address by prior arrangement.
We do not receive packages without distribution or packages sent per cash on delivery.
If you want to complain about your purchase, please contact our support at Tel.: +44 (0) 330 808 1634. If we fail to find a solution, you can file a complaint with relevant boards in the area provided the conditions for this are met.
Center For Klageløsning
Konkurrence- og Forbrugerstyrelsen
Carl Jacobsensvej 352500 Valby
If you are a consumer residing in another EU country than Denmark, you can appeal to the EU Commission's online complaint portal here - http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
Standard complaints form
This form is completed and returned only if the right of complaints is claimed.
c/o Wineandbarrels A/S
DK - 3400 Hillerød
I hereby declare that I wish to apply the right of cancellation regarding my purchase agreement for the following goods/services:
Order date:________________________ Reception date:__________________________
Consumer name: __________________________________________________________
Consumer address: _________________________________________________________
Consumer signature (only if this form is printed on paper:
Terms and conditions updated: 7th February 2020